1. I got lost in Vienna when I was 16.
2. I once dressed up as a Number 2 Faber-Castell Pencil for Halloween.
3. I worked as a waitress at IHOP. I remain an excellent tipper.
4. I find men who enjoy calculus wildly attractive.
5. I have a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering so yes, I know how computers work. Okay, I use to know how computers work, a long time ago, when commands were typed out on large rectangular cards and stacks of these cards were submitted as batch jobs to a huge mainframe that lived in the basement in an airconditioned room. It’s possible I may be a little out of date.
6. I’m a radical gardener, saving seeds in my second refrigerator, growing plants under lights in my basement, and frogs in my pond. I employ my fingers as organic pesticide. With zeal and delight, I routinely squash the worms that dare to eat my plants.
7. I homeschooled my son in the fifth grade.
8. I taught Tai Chi in the park to my neighbors.
9. My husband claims our family is a democracy: my son gets one vote, he gets three votes, and I get ten votes. I have no idea where this lunacy comes from. Democracy indeed!
10. As I’ve grown older, I find that I am beginning to look like the Barbie Doll I had as a child. This is truly troubling.